Ron Moore Archive
('96-'99)
Scriptwriting
Bookstore
TREKWEB
Contact & Staff Info
NEWSBITS

Minor Dispatches

Oct 17 | Another Scott Bakula Interview (no new info), This with E! Online here.
Oct 16 | Videos Interviews with the ENTERPRISE Cast can be found on the official site.
Oct 15 | Info on Unobtanium's Replica of the 33-inch Original Enterprise Shooting Model here.
Oct 15 | Info and Cover Art for Wildstorm's TNG "Forgiveness" Comic here.
Oct 11 | Tell How TREK Changed Your Life for Publication in a New Book; Details here

Upcoming LIVE Events

Weekly Promos/Photos

"Terra Nova" promo photos can be found here.
"Terra Nova" trailer available for download at Mr Video.
New Publicity Photos of the ENTERPRISE Cast in casual clothes can be found on the official site
"Unexpected" trailer available for download at UPN and Vidiot.

Stardates

• Oct. 23, 2001: Ira Steven Behr's birthday (DS9 exec. prod.).
  • Oct. 27, 2001: Robert Picardo's birthday (The Doctor).
  • Nov. 3-9, 2001: 2nd Annual Jeri Lynn Ryan Charity Auction.
  • Nov. 5, 2001: Star Trek Voyager - Vol. 7.9 Release (UK)
  • Nov. 6, 2001: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition Hits the Street (U.S.)
  • Feb. 26, 2002: UK ENTERPRISE premiere on Sky One
SPONSORS

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Give Learn More

TrekWeb's Star Trek Book Store has been freshly revamped and stocked with all the latest titles, so stop on in and help support TrekWeb!

Star Trek and History : Race-Ing Toward a White Future
Daniel Bernardi
$20.00

Black Star is the UK's largest video store and offers free shipping worldwide!

www.BlackStar.co.uk - The UK's Biggest Video Store
Copyright 1996-2001 Steve Krutzler and TrekWeb.COM. All Rights Reserved.
John Logan Talks About His 'Bold Ideas' for 'Star Trek X'

Posted: 19:47:04 on July 20 2001
By: GustavoLeao
Dept: Star Trek X

The latest issue of DreamWatch magazine, just out in the UK, features an exclusive interview with Gladiator screenwriter John Lodan, in which he talks about writing Star Trek X and the remake of The Time Machine. Here are some excerpts of the interview :

"I went in and said 'This is the story I wanna do, and these are the three things I want to happen in the movie" Logan said to DreamWatch journalist David Hughes, about being invited by producer Rick Berman to contribuite a story to the tenth Trek movie "And they're bold - there are some bold choices. And to my great delight, everyone at Paramount said 'Absolutely, let's take some risks. Let's see this characters grow. And if you want to write a great antagonist and tie him into these people, go ahead and do it'. They [Paramount] were very supportive about it."

Actor Patrick Stewart, who has story and script approval, was equally enthusiastic, according to Logan "When I came in with these rather bold ideas, Patrick was very much on board, in terms of saying 'Let these people spread their wings and be the characters they can be, rather than just be bottled versions of the characters on the TV show.' During the development, I would call him and say 'Here is the story, here's what we're doing. I want your feeback.' He was great. He'd say 'That's not good enough, that's cliched, that's great, I love this idea'.

Logan, who has written three treatements amd was due to deliver his first draft of 'Trek X' just before the threatenet writer's strike, said he can't confirm or deny any of so-called the internet rumors "I could, but then they'd hunt me down and kill me" he jokes "I hope we are recapturing some of the spirit of First Contact and The Wrath of Khan, in terms of this [being] a big old adventure movie. While some elements are incredible character-driven, I hope those won't exclude the general audience. Or it will be 'the worst of time', believe me !"

For more on the Logan interview, in which he also discuss 'The Time Machine' and 'Gladiator', pick up issue 82 of the british DreamWatch magazine.

Image : TM © 2001 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.

TREKWEB TALKBACK
(38 comments)

Sort Controls:
Start New Thread | Help!

TOP STORIES

Add TrekWeb Headlines To Your Site!

RECENT FEATURES
OPINION POLLS
ENTERPRISE joins the ranks of previous TREK series by trying hand at comedy in UNEXPECTED; but how did it meet your expectations?
9-10: An elite or classic, like "The Trouble With Tribbles"
7-8: Possessed shades of perfection
5-6: But a middling in the shadow of greatness
3-4: Merely a taste of medocrity
1-2: The dregs of the universe, like "Let He Who Is Without Sin..." and "Spock's Brain"
No vote: Choices unacceptable!
Current Results
SEARCH

Stories Board
LINKS

MEDIA SITES

Cinescape Magazine
Sci-Fi Channel
Cyber Sci-Fi Network
The Sci-Fi Files Radio Show

OFFICIAL SITES

Fan Media