Listen to the Sci-Fi Files Radio Show
Live Chat with ENTERPRISE Writer Andre Bormanis
Tuesday, Nov. 6 @ 6:30p PST (9:30 EST)
Submit Questions and Get Details Now!
Buy STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE - THE DIRECTOR'S EDITION and Support TrekWeb!
(Advertise Here)
YOUR ACCOUNT
User Profile | Join Now! | Logout
Email
Password
SERIES
ST: ENTERPRISE
Next: "Breaking The Ice"
Star Trek: Voyager
ST: Deep Space Nine
ST: Next Generation
ST: Original Series
FEATURE FILMS
Star Trek X
STAR TREK BBS
Central/Main BBS
Gaming/Books BBS
Fan Fiction BBS
Support BBS
DEPARTMENTS
Reviews
Newsbits
Conventions
Live Chat
Ron Moore Archive
('96-'99)
Scriptwriting
Bookstore
TREKWEB
Contact & Staff Info
NEWSBITS

Minor Dispatches

Nov 05 | Live Chat with William Shatner this Thursday 9:00pm at the official site
Nov 04 | Dark Horizons posted a positive review of the Star Trek The Motion Picture Director's Edition DVD here.
Nov 02 | Photos from ST:TMP Director's Edition Paramount Screening with Special Guests here.
Nov 02 | Jeri Ryan's 'Late Late Show' Appearance and Roswell Crossover Clips Available at MediaTrek.
Oct 27 | The Armada II Intro Movie and several wallpapers are available for dowload at Armada Universe website.

Upcoming LIVE Events

Weekly Promos/Photos

First Photos from the upcoming episodes Breaking The Ice, Civilization and Fortunate Son can be found at Cinescape
"Breaking the Ice" UPN promo available for download at MediaTrek.
First Photos of Breaking The Ice can be found here
Pics and the UPN Promo for the ENTERPRISE/Roswell crossover episode are up at Roswell Media.

Stardates

• Nov. 3-9, 2001: 2nd Annual Jeri Lynn Ryan Charity Auction.
  • Nov. 5, 2001: Star Trek Voyager - Vol. 7.9 Release (UK)
  • Nov. 6, 2001: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition Hits the Street (U.S.)
  • Nov. 6, 2001: Mind Meld - Nimoy/Shatner Interview DVD/Video Hits the Street
  • Nov. 16, 2001: William Shatner is 'The Chairman' on UPN's Iron Chef USA: Showdown in Las Vegas @ 9p
  • Feb. 26, 2002: UK ENTERPRISE premiere on Sky One
  • SPONSORS

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Give Learn More

TrekWeb's Star Trek Book Store has been freshly revamped and stocked with all the latest titles, so stop on in and help support TrekWeb!

Star Trek: The Motion Picture - The Director's Edition
    Directed by Robert Wise
    $22.49

Black Star is the UK's largest video store and offers free shipping worldwide!

www.BlackStar.co.uk - The UK's Biggest Video Store
    Copyright 1996-2001 Steve Krutzler and TrekWeb.COM. All Rights Reserved.
    TrekWeb Reports From Last Night's Paramount Cast & Crew Screening of Premiere

TrekWeb Sponsor
    Audible lets you download and listen to a great book at a great price. Start with Star Trek: First Contact. >From the deepest, darkest reaches of space came the greatest threat the Federation had ever faced: the Borg. Only the determination of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and his crew can prevent the Borg from striking at the heart of the Federation and Earth. Listen to a free sample now.
    Listen to FREE Streaming Audio Samples Now!
    RealMedia
    Windows Media
    Posted: 18:23:40 on September 21 2001
    By: Steve Krutzler
    Dept: Enterprise | www.stenterprise.com

TrekWeb's west coast correspondent Lynda Foley had the opportunity to attend last night's cast and crew screening of the ENTERPRISE premiere, "Broken Bow", and sends in this report...

PRE-SCREENING PREMIERE OF ENTERPRISE 9/20/01 - NO SPOILERS

Since the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on America, I have been caught up in the maelstrom of radio reports, television exclusives, newspaper headlines, and patriotic discussions about those horrendous events.

But last night, for about 85 minutes, I forgot about the impending war, the fear for my children, the sadness of my friends.

For 85 minutes, I was transported back to a world of optimism, exploration, and unity, when I saw the Paramount pre-screening of the premiere of "Enterprise."

This was NOT a press screening. It was a screening for cast and crew members, the "suits" and the "labor." And all of them were jubilant and proud when the credits rolled and the audience cheered. Besides Scott Bakula and the rest of the "Enterprise" cast, many Trek alums attended: Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton (who has directed one ENT episode with next week's "Fortunate Son" his second assignment), Garrett Wang, Roxann Dawson and Robbie McNeill to name a few. Some of the production crew members attending were familiar names from Voyager and Deep Space Nine: Merri Howard, Peter Lauritson, Marv Rush, Ronald B. Moore, Ron Surma, Andre Bormanis and Michael Westmore.

Every cast and crew member stayed afterwards for dessert and coffee and high-fives. High-ranking executives and day-players congratulated each other, as off-site post production staff hugged fellow workers they hadn't met before. And the pride in all their efforts was well founded. "Enterprise" was a sweet, thoughtful, sexy, inspiring and action-packed show.

Perhaps part of the crowd's harmony was a carryover mood from recent events, although no mention of the terrorist attack was made by Rick Berman and Brannon Braga when they briefly introduced the premiere. And I believe theirs' was the right decision. For it was the product, the culmination of the loving labor of all these people, that spoke so eloquently in honor of those who lost their lives, lost loved ones, or continue the fight to protect our freedom and our country.

"Enterprise" carries the spirit of optimism and exploration that Roddenberry originally crafted. "Enterprise" displays the comaraderie and pride of a united Earth, working hard to live a free and moral life while learning not to impose it's viewpoint on other life forms. It is a sometimes difficult task for this new crew, but they learn and adapt. "Enterprise" combines the arrogance of a free and secure people with the trepidation of a species that is the "new kid in the galaxy."

For 85 minutes, I was caught up again in the glorious tapestry of a universe waiting to be explored. I was cheering the good guys, unsure of who the villains were, but proud of the actions of this new crew.

Yes, many analogies can be drawn between our current events and the journey of "Enterprise." I heartily applaud the efforts of the many people who created this incredible show. But I personally want to single out one person who has often been vilified by the fans, yet has shown, with "Enterprise," that he has a greater understanding of the Trek Universe than previously thought.

Thank you Brannon Braga. You surprised me, and I'm glad.

See Also: STENTERPRISE.com Mission Logs

Season One (2001-2002)
    Prod #Title
    721 Broken Bow (pilot)
    103 Fight or Flight
    104 Strange New World
    105 Unexpected
    106 Terra Nova
    107 The Andorian Incident
    108 Breaking the Ice
    109 Civilization
    110 Fortunate Son
    111 Cold Front
    112 Silent Enemy
    113 Dear Doctor
    114 Shadow of P'Jem
    115 Sleeping Dogs

TREKWEB TALKBACK
    (11 comments)

Sort Controls:
    Start New Thread | Help!

TOP STORIES

Nov 05 - News on TNG DVD Box Set

(1 comments)

Add TrekWeb Headlines To Your Site!

RECENT FEATURES
    OPINION POLLS
    ENTERPRISE delves into an original series alien race in "The Andorian Incident"...
    9-10: Put it with the untouchables -- a classic or elite TREK episode!
    7-8: Not untouchable, but pulled off with shades of perfection!
    5-6: Just a middling in the shadow of greatness!
    3-4: Had a foul taste of mediocrity!
    1-2: The dregs of the universe!
    No vote: Choices unacceptable!
    Current Results
    SEARCH

Stories Board
    LINKS

MEDIA SITES

Cinescape Magazine
    Sci-Fi Channel
    Cyber Sci-Fi Network
    The Sci-Fi Files Radio Show