Malcolm in the muddle, 1 reply
(Suliban Helix forum)

The cast is too big, 10 replies
(Suliban Helix forum)

TOS style music and scenic music in ENT?, 10 replies
(Suliban Helix forum)

Place your ST:N estimates here, 7 replies
(Romulan Senate forum)

Does the Size of the warp engines on a starship really make a difference, 4 replies
(The Shipyards forum)

Science problems in KHAN, 5 replies
(The Shipyards forum)

ENT- "Any Man's Death" and more... , 1 reply
(The Holodeck forum)

Just saw K-19 and NEM trailer on the big screen!, new
(Romulan Senate forum)

Discussion: Godlike beings, space creatures and science in ENT!!!, 8 replies
(Suliban Helix forum)

Mirror Kirk as FutureGuy?, 20 replies
(Suliban Helix forum)

TrekWeb Newsbits: Extra coverage your crave!

Jul 31 | Cinescape has given the ST:TNG Season 3 DVD Set an A- in its review.

Jul 30 | William Shatner entertains with discussion of FULL MOON FRIGHT NIGHT, GROOM LAKE, ONE HIT WONDERS and more in Sci-Fi Chat Transcript.

Jul 30 | Five new screenshots of Activision's ELITE FORCE II including the Enterprise-E bridge and engineering at Ritualistic.

Jul 30 | Catch STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN August 23-29 at the Belcourt Theatre in Nashville, TN.

Jul 29 | Chat with William Shatner tomorrow 7/30 @ 3p ET at Sci-Fi.

CURRENT MEDIA

STARDATES
Aug 6, 2002: STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN Director's Edition DVD hits U.S. streets
Sep 3, 2002: TNG Season 4 DVD Box Set U.S. Release
Sep 18, 2002: ENTERPRISE season two begins on UPN with "Shockwave, Part II"
Oct 8, 2002: STAR TREK III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK Special Edition DVD hits U.S. streets
Nov 5, 2002: TNG Season 5 DVD Box Set U.S. Release
Dec 3, 2002: TNG Season 6 DVD Box Set U.S. Release
Dec 31, 2002: TNG Season 7 DVD Box Set U.S. Release
2002: Click here for full 2002 TREK DVD/VHS UK release dates
SPONSORS

TrekWeb's Star Trek Book Store has all the latest titles, so stop on in and help support TrekWeb!

Pre-order ST2:TWOK Director's Edition NOW to support TrekWeb!

ST:TNG Season Three DVD set on sale now! Buy to Support TrekWeb!

Buy the NEMESIS one-sheet now to support TrekWeb!

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Give Learn More

Black Star is the UK's largest video store and offers free shipping worldwide!

www.BlackStar.co.uk - The UK's Biggest Video Store

Internet Explorer 5.5+ recommended for correct viewing.

Privacy Policy

Netscape Users: Version 6.x is recommended.

Copyright 1996-2002 Steve Krutzler and TrekWeb.COM. All Rights Reserved.
TV Guide Offers New Photo and Interviews on NEMESIS, ENTERPRISE & More
Add TrekWeb Headlines To Your Web Site!

Best bargain this side of the Gamma Quadrant!
Place an ad today!

Typhon Station is a very fastpaced PBeM RPG with skilled, experienced players and a warm sense of bonding and community. We play at the turn-of-the-century, 2400, and are located in the Typhon Expanses, bordering the Neutral Zone, proximate to the Romulan Empire, and near the Iconian Digs, and are on the first warning route of the original Borg Incursion.
We have three stations to post from, SB 185, USS Odyssey, and USS Wraith. They all have general and particular storylines and all interact. This game is not for the faint of heart! The writing is superb and comes hot and heavy. We have some open spots and also we will consider character suggestions. So, longtime RPGers and novices, check us out. See if you want to make Typhon Station your home away from home.

(0 comments | Add)

Come join a Star Trek PBeM adventure of a lifetime. Be a part of the crew and family that is the USS Wraith as we seek out new life and new civilizations.

(0 comments | Add)

DVDs! FREE Shipping! Preorders: TNG Season 4, $93.50 (Seasons 1-3, $99.95 each); Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock Collector's Editions, $21.95 each. Thousands of titles, ALL catagories.
(2 comments | Add)

Click
Posted: 20:24:42 on May 02 2002
By: Steve Krutzler
Dept: Star Trek: Nemesis

TV Guide's full-size 35th Anniversary Tribute Magazine hits stands May 6th, featuring not only brand new interviews with Rick Berman, Michael Piller, Michael Piller and more about TREK's greatest turning points, ENTERPRISE, and NEMESIS, but also the first action-packed photo of the feature.

The 96-page color magazine features cast interviews from the set of NEMESIS and reveals all sorts of information about the film's storyline and the journeys of the TNG characters throughout the the movie. TrekWeb visitor 'Cryus' sent in some highlights from the interviews.

"There is great electricity about the movie. The footage - the dailies - look more like a Ridley Scott film or John Woo film than a classic Trek movie," Berman says. "I think - contrary to rumors - that this is very, very likely not going to be the last movie. If this one does as well as I believe it will, it will be a mere matter of weeks - make that days - before Paramount comes to me and says 'So, when are we going to get to work on number 11?'"

Screenwriter John Logan offers, "When it gets right down to it, I'm really a just a Star Trek weenie at heart. I'm the guy who buys the first ticket at the first matinee on the first day a new Star Trek movie hits the theaters. As a kid I was Captain Kirk for every Halloween. All my ideas of right and wrong, all my concepts of morality came from Captain Kirk. I'm the ultimate fan."

Data's alter ego, Brent Spiner, says "I think Nemesis is the most cerebral and the most emotional of all 10 Star Trek films."

Jonathan Frakes thinks NEMESIS will be high point for the TNG movie franchise, "If this is the end, we're going to end on a high. There's a lot of new energy on this picture. And that could encourage Paramount to stick with us. Of course, it'll all come down to the almighty buck. It's all about the box office."

The magazine also features several remarks about the great NEXT GENERATION episode "The Best of Both Worlds," about which Berman says, "Viewers were still writing to us - screaming, in fact - as they had from the show's debut, that we had no right to put a bald englishman into the shoes of William Shatner. But when the cliff-hanger proved so successful, when it clearly showed how invested and addicted the viewer were, I looked at Michael Piller, who wrote the episode, and he looked at me and we both said 'Now what do we do'"

Director Cliff Bole recalls, "Our sole focus was getting done on time and on budget. None of us knew we were cementing the future of Trek, or that we'd be making season ending cliff-hangers a tradition, or that the Borg would become the most popular of villains. We had no idea what a fuss that episode would cause."

Patrick Stewart says the episode really stepped up his level of fan-recognition, remarking, ""I was driving on the Pacific Coast Highway with the top down on my car. Another convertible pulled up alongside me at a light and the driver - a middle-aged woman - said 'Hey, you! I have to tell you that you have ruined my summer!'"

Michael Piller, who wrote the episode and hadn't been planning to stay on for season four, told the magazine, "I had a very unhappy staff and they all left at the end of that season. There was a lot of turmoil and I was doing most of the writing and was numb, tired beyond description. I had no idea how to get out of the cliff-hanger. And frankly, I considered it somebody else's problem, not mine. I wasn't thinking of the fans or the franchise. After part I aired, Gene Roddenberry convinced me to stay another season. He felt strongly that the series needed just one more season to explode, that we needed just a little bit more time and we'd have a phenomenon on our hands. And he was absolutely right."

Costume designer Robert Blackman, who designed the ENTERPRISE uniforms, talks of the decision to go back to the TOS-era coloring system.

"We went back to the coloration of the original uniforms putting Captain Archer in gold like Kirk rather than red like Picard. In its own small way, that kind of homage is thrilling for me and very meaningful to the fans."

Finally, makeup artist Michael Westmore talks about the reverance for previous TREK mythos: "We're always looking for a way to improve an alien species, though we don't alter Star Trek tradition just for the heck of it. Everytime we change something that's stablished, it is preceded by many, many meetings with the producers. We all talk it through. Do we really want to alter history? Is it really worth it? Will the audience be OK with this?"

Pick up the issue on newsstands May 6th for more behind-the-scenes information on STAR TREK: NEMESIS, ENTERPRISE, and the great history of STAR TREK's best episodes.

React to this story below and then see what others are saying about this topic at the STAR TREK BBS.

Send this story to a friend:

TREKWEB TALKBACK
(11 comments)

Sort Controls:
Start New Thread | Help!

See what others are saying about this topic at the STAR TREK BBS.

TOP STORIES

Add TrekWeb Headlines To Your Site!

CURRENT FEATURES
OPINION POLLS
Which ENTERPRISE storyline are you MOST looking forward to in the coming season?
Hints at the birth of the Federation via the Temporal Cold War arc
The first encounter with the Romulans
Vulcans visiting 1950s Earth in CARBON CREEK and featuring Jolene Blalock playing T'Pol's grandmother
Malcolm Reed stuck outside the ship on a deep-space mine
Significant episode(s) for Doctor Phlox
Significant episode(s) for Travis Mayweather
Archer living in sickbay to accompany his sick dog in comedic episode with Doctor Phlox
Significant episode(s) beefing up Jonathan Archer
Significant episode(s) for Hoshi Sato and/or Trip Tucker
Current Results
SEARCH

Stories Board
LINKS

MEDIA SITES

Cinescape Magazine
Sci-Fi Channel
Cyber Sci-Fi Network
The Sci-Fi Files Radio Show
The Warp Zone Radio Show

OFFICIAL SITES

TheDeadZone.net
WilliamShatner.com
Star Trek: Communicator
Star Trek Store
Pocket Books
StarTrek.com

FAN SITES

Assimilation Software (Open Source Star Trek Gaming)
Trek5.com
Star Trek in Sound & Vision
Nanavision
Section 31
TrekToday
Voyager's Delights
Psi Phi
MediaTrek.com
The Great Link
Optical Data Network
SciFi Pulse
strekonline.com