USA Today article about "Stigma" SPOILERS, 6 replies
(Suliban Helix forum)

I dreamt they killed off Archer, 2 replies
(Suliban Helix forum)

Imzadi 2? 8 replies
(Divine Treasury forum)

Ummm...yeah....ok: Trip/Reed/Mayweather? 12 replies
(Suliban Helix forum)

TrekWeb Newsbits: Extra coverage your crave!

Dec 08 | Digital Domain talks with Linux Journal about designing STAR TREK NEMESIS visual effects in the Linux operating system.

Dec 06 | Clockdown.com has made available a free STAR TREK NEMESIS desktop countdown clock for Windows-based computers.

Dec 06 | Read the transcript of LeVar Burton's StarTrek.com live chat yesterday, 12/5.

Dec 06 | Win a walk-on role on ENTERPRISE by seeing NEMESIS at a Loews Cineplex between Dec 13 and Jan 6.

Dec 05 | Filk Radio will broadcast a STAR TREK music marathon to celebrate the release of NEMESIS all next week. You can listen online as well.

Dec 05 | StarTrek.com is polling users on which alien race they'd like to see a future TREK feature based around; the Q currently lead. (Thanks to 'covetom' for this).

Dec 04 | Brannon Braga discusses the impact of Michael Piller's mentoring on his career in Variety's "Mentor" issue, saying, "I would not have a career if it was not for people taking an interest and helping me," according to StarTrek.com.

Dec 03 | Loews Cineplex is hosting movie marathon screenings of of all nine previous STAR TREK feature films next week leading up to NEMESIS in New York and Los Angeles. Details here.

LIVE EVENTS
Andre Bormanis -- Story Editor, ENTERPRISE
TBA
Submit Questions Now!
CURRENT MEDIA

STARDATES
Dec 13, 2002: STAR TREK: NEMESIS hits U.S. and Canadian theatres
Dec 31, 2002: TNG Season 7 DVD Box Set U.S. Release
Jan 3, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS hits UK theaters
Jan 16, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in Germany and Australia
Feb 13, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in the Netherlands
Feb 14, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in Brazil
Feb 26, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in Hungary
Feb 25, 2003: ST: DS9 Season One DVD Set U.S. Release
Mar 4, 2003: STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME Collector's Edition DVD Arrives
Mar 21, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in Norway
Mar 26, 2003: STAR TREK NEMSIS debuts in Belgium and France
Mar 28, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in Sweden
PROMENADE

TrekWeb Merchants

Buy anything! Every purchase supports TrekWeb!

Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.ca
Amazon.de

Buy anything, support TrekWeb!

Buy anything, support TrekWeb!

Black Star is the UK's largest video store and offers free shipping worldwide!

www.BlackStar.co.uk - The UK's Biggest Video Store

Featured Merchandise

Order the NEMESIS soundtrack to support TrekWeb!
Pre-order the NEMESIS soundtrack to support TrekWeb!

Buy ST:TNG DVD sets to Support TrekWeb!

Buy TNG season sets from Best Buy to get the bonus CD!
Get bonus discs when you buy TNG Season 6/7 DVD sets from Best Buy to Support TrekWeb!

Buy the Newest DS9 Relaunch Noves to support TrekWeb!

Buy B5 the complete first season on DVD to help support TrekWeb!
Buy Babylon 5: The Complete First Season on DVD to Support TrekWeb!

Buy the NEMESIS one-sheet to support TrekWeb!

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Give Learn More

Internet Explorer 5.5+ recommended for correct viewing.

Privacy Policy

Netscape Users: Version 6.x is recommended.

Copyright 1996-2002 Steve Krutzler and TrekWeb.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Brent Spiner Reveals Studio Was Ready to Jettison TNG Crew for New Film Cast
Add TrekWeb Headlines To Your Web Site!

Best bargain this side of the Gamma Quadrant!
Place an ad today!

Typhon Station is a very fastpaced PBeM RPG with skilled, experienced players and a warm sense of bonding and community. We play at the turn-of-the-century, 2400, and are located in the Typhon Expanses, bordering the Neutral Zone, proximate to the Romulan Empire, and near the Iconian Digs, and are on the first warning route of the original Borg Incursion.
We have three stations to post from, SB 185, USS Odyssey, and USS Wraith. They all have general and particular storylines and all interact. This game is not for the faint of heart! The writing is superb and comes hot and heavy. We have some open spots and also we will consider character suggestions. So, longtime RPGers and novices, check us out. See if you want to make Typhon Station your home away from home.

(0 comments | Add)

Cut scenes? Read them all here!
Don't miss a scene! Pre-order the STAR TREK NEMESIS novelization to support TrekWeb!

(0 comments | Add)

Buy new STAR TREK toys to support TrekWeb!
Posted: 00:27:47 on October 10 2002
By: Steve Krutzler
Dept: Star Trek: Nemesis

Speaking in the November issue of Starlog Magazine, ST:TNG and STAR TREK NEMESIS actor Brent Spiner says the brass at Paramount weren't too enthusiastic about sending the TNG crew out for a fourth big screen adventure. In fact, he reveals that the studio may have been open to an oft-suggested alternative for future STAR TREK movies--an entirely new cast--in lieu of NEMESIS.

"I had had a conversation with Rick [Berman]. The studio, I think, wasn't really crazy about doing another movie with the Next Generation crew," the actor admits. "What I think they wanted to do was a movie with a new Star Trek cast. Rick said he didn't think that that was a good idea, and he didn't think that it would work. He told them, believe it or not, that the audience still enjoys seeing us. He wasn't really interested in doing another one unless we were in it."

Spiner says the TNG crew's return was anything but locked, even with Berman's endorsement.

"Through some negotiations here and there - about the budget and things like that - it came down to, 'Yes, they're interested in doing another one. And Yes, they're interested in having us do it'," he frankly told the magazine.

The actor says initial discussions to get the tenth feature off the ground were hampered and when story meetings with Patrick Stewart, Spiner and Berman failed to get anywhere, it was long-time friend and hot Hollywood screenwriter John Logan who finally got NEMESIS out of dry dock.

"Rick, Patrick and I got together and tried to come up with something. We stumbled around for a while, looking for a storyline, and then Patrick got really busy," Spiner says. "That was more than two years ago. John's a friend of mine, and I was talking to him in Chicago, where he lives. I said, 'You know, they want to do another one. We are not sure if we're going to be able to come up with it.' He said, 'Well, let me be a part of it. I want to write a Star Trek movie.'"

Logan's involvement proved fortuitous.

"Who were we to turn down an A-list writer who had just written an Academy Award winning movie, knows Star Trek very well and wanted to be a part of it? So he and I started to fiddle around. We went to see Rick, and he said, 'Great, we'll work together.' And the three of us sat in Rick's office and wrote the story."

Now that the film is in the can and just two months from release, the actor who's played 'Lieutenant Commander Data' for fifteen years credits other TREK outsiders and his fellow actors for producing a film that even the usually low-key Spiner is happy to tout.

"I think NEMESIS is going to be really good, and I hardly ever say that kind of thing," he says. "We have a director who really knows how to shoot action. We have a wonderful director of photography (Jeff Kimball, who worked on Mission Impossible II) who also really knows how to shoot action. And all of us in the cast, I think, are at the top of our game. From the scenes I've watched, my fellow actors are turning in wonderful performances. So what's not to like?"

Fifteen years may be nothing for his character, but Spiner has no difficulty explaining why Data seems to have aged along with the rest of the crew.

"The aging chip was only mentioned in one episode, and almost nobody remembers it," he recalls strategically. "But in that episode we did mention that there is a chip in me that will keep me aging at the same rate as my fellow crew members - so that they won't be intimidated by me staying the same age while they grow older. And once they die, I can take out the chip and go back to my original, beautiful self. But, nah, I don't know. It's Star Trek."

But will NEMESIS truly be the final bow for NEXT GEN? It's been the hot topic ever since the marketing department unveiled its slogan for the film. Spiner will never say never.

"This film could close out the series. It really could. It's a perfect period to our entire experience," he offers. "If this film is the last one we do, I don't think any of us will be sorry that we ended it with NEMESIS. But then again, as Sean Connery once said, 'Never say never.' If John Logan stays in the game and there's another great story and everyone wants to come back and the studio wants to make another one, who knows?"

In the end, the actor thinks NEMESIS will resonate with audiences.

"This movie is about something. I think it's kind of interesting to have an action picture that's actually about something."

Check out the November issue of Starlog on newsstands now.

Don't fear. Join the discussion!Star Trek Nemesis Week!
Don't fear. Share your thoughts before and after release below and at the Romulan Senate forum!

React to this story below and then see what others are saying about this topic at the STAR TREK BBS.

Join our monthly e-mail newsletter!

TREKWEB TALKBACK
(28 comments)

Sort Controls:
Start New Thread | Help!

See what others are saying about this topic at the STAR TREK BBS.

TOP STORIES

Add TrekWeb Headlines To Your Site!

CURRENT FEATURES
OPINION POLLS
How would you rate the latest ENT episode, VANISHING POINT, on a scale from 1 (bad) to 10 (excellent) in comparison to the best and the worst episodes of all previous Star Trek episodes?
10: Excellent
9: Great
8: Very Good
7: Good
6: Solid
5: Average
4: Below Average
3: Mediocre
2: Poor
1: Bad
Current Results
SEARCH

Stories Board
LINKS

MEDIA SITES

Cinescape Magazine
Sci-Fi Channel
Cyber Sci-Fi Network
The Sci-Fi Files Radio Show
The Warp Zone Radio Show

OFFICIAL SITES

TheDeadZone.net
WilliamShatner.com
The Official Leonard Nimoy Fan Club
Star Trek: Communicator
Star Trek Store
Pocket Books
StarTrek.com
SETI@Home

FAN SITES

Trek47.com
Trekpulse
Assimilation Software (Open Source Star Trek Gaming)
Trek5.com
Star Trek in Sound & Vision
Nanavision
TrekToday
Voyager's Delights
Psi Phi
MediaTrek.com
The Great Link
Optical Data Network
SciFi Pulse
strekonline.com
The Trekker Newsletter