Nemesis: My Take (SPOILERS)
(Romulan Senate forum)

A Nemesis Review (Spoilers) 6 replies
(Romulan Senate forum)

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly of NEMESIS 8 replies
(Romulan Senate forum)

Nature/Nurture of TWOK/Nemesis! (spoilers) new
(Romulan Senate forum)

TrekWeb Newsbits: Extra coverage your crave!

Dec 14 | Ask long-time STAR TREK illustrator Rick Sternbach your questions about NEMESIS and more at StarTrekUK.

Dec 13 | MSNBC analyzes STAR TREK technology with science consultant/writer Andre Bormanis. Thanks to 'Lee Jamilkowski' for the link.

Dec 10 | Cinescape reports that Sideshow Toy has won a new STAR TREK license and will produce Kirk and Spock 7" busts in early 2003.

Dec 08 | Digital Domain talks with Linux Journal about designing STAR TREK NEMESIS visual effects in the Linux operating system.

Dec 06 | Clockdown.com has made available a free STAR TREK NEMESIS desktop countdown clock for Windows-based computers.

Dec 06 | Read the transcript of LeVar Burton's StarTrek.com live chat yesterday, 12/5.

Dec 06 | Win a walk-on role on ENTERPRISE by seeing NEMESIS at a Loews Cineplex between Dec 13 and Jan 6.

Dec 05 | Filk Radio will broadcast a STAR TREK music marathon to celebrate the release of NEMESIS all next week. You can listen online as well.

LIVE EVENTS
Andre Bormanis -- Story Editor, ENTERPRISE
TBA
Submit Questions Now!
CURRENT MEDIA

STARDATES
Dec 13, 2002: STAR TREK: NEMESIS hits U.S. and Canadian theatres
Dec 31, 2002: TNG Season 7 DVD Box Set U.S. Release
Jan 3, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS hits UK theaters
Jan 16, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in Germany and Australia
Feb 13, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in the Netherlands
Feb 14, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in Brazil
Feb 26, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in Hungary
Feb 25, 2003: ST: DS9 Season One DVD Set U.S. Release
Mar 4, 2003: STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME Collector's Edition DVD Arrives
Mar 21, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in Norway
Mar 26, 2003: STAR TREK NEMSIS debuts in Belgium and France
Mar 28, 2003: STAR TREK NEMESIS debuts in Sweden
PROMENADE

TrekWeb Merchants

Buy anything! Every purchase supports TrekWeb!

Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.ca
Amazon.de

Buy anything, support TrekWeb!

Buy anything, support TrekWeb!

Black Star is the UK's largest video store and offers free shipping worldwide!

www.BlackStar.co.uk - The UK's Biggest Video Store

Featured Merchandise

Order the NEMESIS soundtrack to support TrekWeb!
Pre-order the NEMESIS soundtrack to support TrekWeb!

Buy ST:TNG DVD sets to Support TrekWeb!

Buy TNG season sets from Best Buy to get the bonus CD!
Get bonus discs when you buy TNG Season 6/7 DVD sets from Best Buy to Support TrekWeb!

Buy the Newest DS9 Relaunch Noves to support TrekWeb!

Buy B5 the complete first season on DVD to help support TrekWeb!
Buy Babylon 5: The Complete First Season on DVD to Support TrekWeb!

Buy the NEMESIS one-sheet to support TrekWeb!

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Give Learn More

Internet Explorer 5.5+ recommended for correct viewing.

Privacy Policy

Netscape Users: Version 6.x+ is recommended.

Copyright © 1996-2002 Steve Krutzler and TrekWeb.com. All Rights Reserved.
Story Editor Andre Bormanis Gives ENT Sneak Peek in Live Chat: Transcript Inside!

Best bargain this side of the Gamma Quadrant!
Place an ad today!

StarTrek Universe.com - STU is an updated resource for Star Trek news, reviews and previews, and we're constantly looking for new members. Join us!
(0 comments | Add)

Trek47.com- Your guide to Star Trek has episode guides, cast and character information, pictures, and more from all the Star Trek series and movies

(0 comments | Add)

Buy new STAR TREK toys to support TrekWeb!
Posted: 00:13:29 on November 15 2002
By: Steve Krutzler
Dept: TrekWeb Features

ENTERPRISE story editor Andre Bormanis stopped by last night to give us a sneak peek inside writing the newest STAR TREK series in his third TrekWeb Live Chat. Unfortunately, Andre was called away to a writer's meeting after only a few questions, but we will endeavor to reschedule another chat soon. Stay tuned for details.

In the mean time, here is the transcript for as far as we got last night. We wish to thank Andre for his attendance and hope he can join us again soon!

SteveKrutzler
Good evening, I'd like to welcome everyone to tonight's TrekWeb Chat! This marks the nineteenth chat and five years since we began with Ronald D. Moore and Michael Piller in 1997! We are delighted that Andre is joining us for his third TrekWeb Chat after doing two last season. Welcome Andre!

AndreBormanis
Thanks... great to be back!

SteveKrutzler
Andre has been the science consultant on STAR TREK for several years and is now a story editor on ENTERPRISE. His most recent work was the teleplay for last night's "The Communicator" and last season's "Silent Enemy" and "Desert Crossing."

SteveKrutzler
Andre, do you have any opening remarks that you'd like to make before we begin with questions?

AndreBormanis
Not really... glad to see the forum is alive and well and that the fans are actively discussing and debating Enterprise.

SteveKrutzler
 T_T asks: Not to ask you to dig too deeply into spoiler territory or anything, but as far as what amounts to the writer's rotation, when's your next at-bat likely to be?

AndreBormanis
Probably episode 18 or 19. The Communicator was #8. I've been busy with story development and other duties. I hope to write two more shows this season.

SteveKrutzler
On what episode # is the writing staff currently working?

AndreBormanis
Number 16 is currently being scripted; the story for 17 is being developed, and someone will probably start writing the script by the end of next week. We obviously have to work pretty far ahead of the air dates.

SteveKrutzler
Number 13 is currently in production, Dawn, is that correct? Can you give us any mild tidbits of what to look forward to there?

AndreBormanis
It's a very exciting adventure written by John Shiban, formerly of the X-Files. It involves Trip on a strange and unique planet, dealing with an interesting adversary.

SteveKrutzler
Jimmy_C asks: At the end of "The Communicator," the alien government thought that their enemy had *really advanced* tech. Any chance we'll see the reprecusions of "The Communicator?" Such as a war or something?

AndreBormanis
We don't have any plans for that at the moment, but it's a good question. You could argue that Archer might've done more damage to this planet by convincing General Gosis that his enemies have extremely advanced weapons and are preparing an attack. On the other hand, Gosis will pretty soon find out that the Alliance has nothing of the sort, so perhaps Archer ended up doing less damage than he fared.

SteveKrutzler

NotSpock asks: Are there any plans to utilise the Andorians again in the near future? Or the Tellarites? After all, both of these races along with the Vulcans and Humans are integral to the foundation of the UFP.

AndreBormanis
We made a reference to the Tellarites in "Dead Stop," but we don't have any plans to bring them into the story at the moment. You can count on seeing the Andorians again.

SteveKrutzler
Perhaps in "Cease Fire"? Will we see any familiar faces?

AndreBormanis
Tune in and find out! :)*

SteveKrutzler
PJ in NH asks: Why was Malcom the one chosen to lose his communicator (I'm not complaining -- I really enjoy seeing story lines which include Malcolm), I'd just like to know why he was chosen over some of the other characters.

AndreBormanis
Mainly because he seems like the guy who is least likely to make that kind of mistake. Malcolm is very meticulous, always extremely careful, and of course was absolutely mortified when he discovered he lost the communicator. It gave Dominic Keating some nice emotions to play, which he did extremely well, as always.

SteveKrutzler
Jan Schliecker asks: André, I would like to know if you were satisfied with all the directors so far. How was the director of your episode "Desert Crossing", David Straiton, chosen (the ball game was spectacular), and doesn't Fred Dekker want to direct an episode (he used to be a movie director)? Thank you.

AndreBormanis
I thought David did a great job! That was his first time directing for Star Trek.

AndreBormanis
I don't know if Fred is interested in directing television; he's working on a feature film project at the moment. I'm afraid I was just called to a meeting. I can do one more question.

SteveKrutzler
Here's a good ender and hopefully you can make it back online soon...

SteveKrutzler
Trey Andrew Pyle/EntFan! asks: Are there anymore Romulan episodes in the works? Or do we have to unfortunately wait til next season?

AndreBormanis
We haven't finalized the stories for the rest of the season, so we can't count the Romulans out. You'll see a lot of them in "Nemesis."
Sorry to cut this short. Thanks again and I hope to come back soon.

SteveKrutzler
Well, duty calls and we hope to get you back online soon! TrekWeb would like to thank Andre Bormanis for taking the time to chat with us all tonight ! This chat is Copyright 2002 TrekWeb.com. All rights reserved.

React to this story below and then see what others are saying about this topic at the STAR TREK BBS.

Join our monthly e-mail newsletter!

TREKWEB TALKBACK
(1 comments)

Sort Controls:
Start New Thread | Help!

TOP STORIES
CURRENT FEATURES
OPINION POLLS
How would you rate the latest ENT episode, PRECIOUS CARGO, on a scale from 1 (bad) to 10 (excellent) in comparison to the best and the worst episodes of all previous Star Trek episodes?
10: Excellent
9: Great
8: Very Good
7: Good
6: Solid
5: Average
4: Below Average
3: Mediocre
2: Poor
1: Bad
Current Results
SEARCH

Stories Board
LINKS

MEDIA SITES

Cinescape Magazine
Sci-Fi Channel
Cyber Sci-Fi Network
The Sci-Fi Files Radio Show
The Warp Zone Radio Show

OFFICIAL SITES

TheDeadZone.net
WilliamShatner.com
The Official Leonard Nimoy Fan Club
Star Trek: Communicator
Star Trek Store
Pocket Books
StarTrek.com
SETI@Home

FAN SITES

Trek47.com
Trekpulse
Assimilation Software (Open Source Star Trek Gaming)
Trek5.com
Star Trek in Sound & Vision
Nanavision
TrekToday
Voyager's Delights
Psi Phi
MediaTrek.com
The Great Link
Optical Data Network
SciFi Pulse
strekonline.com
The Trekker Newsletter