TrekWeb Home
YOUR ACCOUNT / NEWSLETTERS
Email Password
AIR SCHEDULE
BBS TOPICS
TrekWeb Newsbits: Extra coverage your crave
Submit News | | Make TrekWeb.com your home page!
UPDATED 1/28: Casting Correction J.G. Hertzler Returns in Klingon Episode "Judgement," Plus Talks 'Martok' Novels (SPOILERS)

PROMENADE

Place an ad today!

Typhon Station is a very fastpaced PBeM RPG with skilled, experienced players and a warm sense of bonding and community. We play at the turn-of-the-century, 2400, and are located in the Typhon Expanses, bordering the Neutral Zone, proximate to the Romulan Empire, and near the Iconian Digs, and are on the first warning route of the original Borg Incursion.
We have three stations to post from, SB 185, USS Odyssey, and USS Wraith. They all have general and particular storylines and all interact. This game is not for the faint of heart! The writing is superb and comes hot and heavy. We have some open spots and also we will consider character suggestions. So, longtime RPGers and novices, check us out. See if you want to make Typhon Station your home away from home.

(0 comments | Add)

Posted: 00:12:41 on January 27 2003
By: Steve Krutzler
Dept: Enterprise | stenterprise.com
UPDATED 1/28: TrekWeb has been informed that Mr. Hertzler will be playing another Klingon lawyer, Advocate Kolos, not Prosecutor Orak as previously reported. Casting for Orak and more information has been added below.

Actor J.G. Hertzler spoke to students of a recent University of California, Riverside screenwriting course taught by TOS writer Judy Burns ("The Tholian Web"), revealing an upcoming guest appearance that brings him back to the world of STAR TREK. Hertzler will play the Klingon Advocate 'Kolos' in ENTERPRISE's upcoming "Judgement."

In the episode, the ancestor of the infamous Klingon traitor 'Duras' (from ST:TNG) faces military inquisition for his failure during a mission to a rebelling Klingon colony. Archer and the crew of the Enterprise NX-01 get pulled into the fray, and the captain is even called to testify before Klingon prosecutor 'Orak', played by John Vickery, another DS9 veteran ('Gul Rusot', "Tacking Into the Wind"). Kolos is a sort of public defender assigned to Archer's case. You can read more about the episode's plot in TrekWeb's mission log below.

Hertzler played the cantankerous Klingon 'Martok' o DEEP SPACE NINE and becomes the latest former TREK actor to make a stint on ENTERPRISE, joining the ranks of Jeff Combs ('Weyoun', 'Shran'), Ethan Phillips ('Neelix', 'Ulis' in "Acquisition"), Rene Auberjonois ('Odo', 'Ezral' in "Oasis"), Fionnula Flanagan and others. Combs will next be seen in February 12's "Cease Fire" as the Andorian Shran, along with TNG guest Suzie Plakson ('K'Ehleyr'), who will play the first Andorian female in that episode.

The actor is also the co-author of two new Pocket Books novels being published later this spring, THE LEFT HAND OF DESTINY. The two-book series tells the tale of Chancellor Martok's return to the Klingon homeworld following the conclusion of DS9 and was co-written by author Jeffrey Lang who, Hertzler told the Riverside students, provided an entirely positive co-authoring experience. Although expressing some disappointment at various passages that didn't make the final cut, Hertzler told the class that the idea behind the novels was to retell the famous Arthur legend through the Klingon veil.

You can learn more about THE LEFT HAND OF DESTINY at Psi Phi. You can also pre-order the books from any of the following merchants and help support TrekWeb:

Thanks to 'Patrick Hayes' for the report.

React to this story below and see what others are saying at the STAR TREK BBS.
Join our monthly e-mail newsletter!

Season Two (2002-2003)
Prod #Title Airdate
128 Shockwave, Part II 9/18/02
127 Carbon Creek9/25/02
129 Minefield10/02/02
131 Dead Stop10/09/02
130 A Night In Sickbay10/16/02
132 Marauders10/30/02
133 The Seventh11/06/02
134 The Communicator11/13/02
135 Singularity11/20/02
136 Vanishing Point11/27/02
137 Precious Cargo12/11/02
138 The Catwalk12/18/02
139 Dawn1/08/03
140 Stigma2/05/03
141 Cease Fire2/12/03
142 Crash Landing2/19/03
143 Canamar2/26/03
144 The Crossing3/??/03
145 Judgement3/??/03
146 Horizon4/??/03
Season One (2001-2002)
TREKWEB TALKBACK
(10 comments)
Sort Controls:
Start New Thread | Help
I like the sound of this episode.
By Akita1999 ( ) at 10:00:11 on January 27 2003
URL: | User Info
This update makes me even more interested in seeing this episode. I like the direction that Enterprise is going conceptually. I looks like B&B are trying to refocus the series back to the types of stories that the fans like and expect to see. I hope that my optimism is well founded

It will be good to see Hertzler again. I always liked him on DS9.

Keep your fingers crossed. And hope that better days are ahead.

[ Reply to This | Parent Comment ]

Interesting concept!
By BWilliams ( BWillNCC1701E@webtv.net) at 09:00:50 on January 27 2003
Mr. Hertzler's ideas on portraying the King Arthur legend with a Klingon slant - now that sounds like an excellent story! I can't wait to read it! :)

enough is enough...
By Beckett ( email@jonathan-davies.net) at 00:21:52 on January 27 2003
URL: http://www.jonathan-davies.net | User Info
I can just about fathom using Combs in Enterprise (us he's so good) but they REALLY need to get some new actors!!!

---

---------------------------------------
Nemesis had all the right buttons there waiting to be pressed, but like Data on a Reman keypad Paramount seem to have pushed the wrong ones. :/

Can't...resist...anymore...
By Rat Boy ( ) at 23:33:53 on January 26 2003
...must...watch...episode...

Sure, it'll be the only other one outside of "Crash Landing" that I'll watch this season, but hey, I was fully expecting to ditch the rest of the season.

Martok was the best Klingon ever done, and I'm glad to see that Hertzler gets another shot in front of the camera.