TrekWeb Home
Home
YOUR ACCOUNT / NEWSLETTERS
Email Password
AIR SCHEDULE
BBS TOPICS
TrekWeb Newsbits: Extra coverage your crave
Submit News Make TrekWeb.com your home page!
Billingsley and Keating Speak Out on Hopes for More Meaningful Scripts

PROMENADE

Place an ad today!

Typhon Station is a very fastpaced PBeM RPG with skilled, experienced players and a warm sense of bonding and community. We play at the turn-of-the-century, 2400, and are located in the Typhon Expanses, bordering the Neutral Zone, proximate to the Romulan Empire, and near the Iconian Digs, and are on the first warning route of the original Borg Incursion.
We have three stations to post from, SB 185, USS Odyssey, and USS Wraith. They all have general and particular storylines and all interact. This game is not for the faint of heart! The writing is superb and comes hot and heavy. We have some open spots and also we will consider character suggestions. So, longtime RPGers and novices, check us out. See if you want to make Typhon Station your home away from home.

(0 comments | Add)

Posted: 06:57:31 on February 04 2003
By: Steve Krutzler
Dept: Enterprise | stenterprise.com
Speaking with Scripps Howard News Service about this month's Sweeps episodes, particuarly Wednesday's allegorical installment "Stigma," several ENTERPRISE actors have voiced their desires for more cerebral scripts.

"I've pitched an allegory for the beleaguered South American rain forest," Dominic Keating ('Reed') told the news service, adding that he has a meeting to discuss a directorial opportunity on the show with producer Rick Berman. His story idea would have the NX-01 visiting a planet experiencing environmental devastation.

John Billingsley ('Phlox') says the show could do more allegorical episodes like "Stigma."

"I'd love to see them do more of them. It's what made the first show such a hit. They alluded to contemporary issues."

Billingsley says ENTERPRISE is trying to attract a particular target demographic with more action/adventure. He says that's unfortunate. Interviewer Dave Mason prompts the actor about how Earth went from World War III to warp drive in less than 100 years with apparently little difficulty.

"It would be interesting to address some of the questions of how we managed it," Billingsley admits.

After the failure of STAR TREK: NEMESIS in North American theatres, Billingsley says he has little worries for the health of his series.

"I think frankly the show will survive," he says. "I'm not sure ratings and numbers matter much in 'Star Trek.'"

You can read more of the article at the Naples News web site, which also contains quotes from Connor Trinneer. Thanks to 'Jason' for the link.

React to this story below and see what others are saying at the STAR TREK BBS.
Join our monthly e-mail newsletter!

Season Two (2002-2003)
Prod #Title Airdate
128 Shockwave, Part II 9/18/02
127 Carbon Creek9/25/02
129 Minefield10/02/02
131 Dead Stop10/09/02
130 A Night In Sickbay10/16/02
132 Marauders10/30/02
133 The Seventh11/06/02
134 The Communicator11/13/02
135 Singularity11/20/02
136 Vanishing Point11/27/02
137 Precious Cargo12/11/02
138 The Catwalk12/18/02
139 Dawn1/08/03
140 Stigma2/05/03
141 Cease Fire2/12/03
142 Crash Landing2/19/03
143 Canamar2/26/03
144 The Crossing3/19/03
145 Judgment3/26/03
146 Horizon4/??/03
147 The Breach5/??/03
Season One (2001-2002)
TREKWEB TALKBACK
(8 comments)
Sort Controls:
Start New Thread | Help
The writers of Enterprise are SICK!!!!!!
By Aristotle ( ) at 13:44:58 on February 06 2003
URL: | User Info
Last night, I watched Star Trek Enterprise, and I was utterly horrified. I will never watch the show again. The whole point of the episode was claiming that it is "prejudice" or "bigotry" to be against sick perverts commiting bizarre lewd acts of sexual perversion. The Vulcan mindmeld was being used as a thinly veiled metaphor for sticking your penis up another person's anus. They were advocating revolting abberant deviant lewd acts. Gene Roddenberry would be spinning in his grave. I implore UPN to cancel the show, and for advertisers and viewers to boycott it.

Jeffery Winkler

link

[ Reply to This | Parent Comment ]

Think about this...
By one_2_three ( ) at 19:40:09 on February 04 2003
Have you ever thought that is exactly what B & B are doing is listening to their fans and their actors?

I mean, look at a majority of the final episodes for Season 2, they sound very good and are very promising. I mean, all points aside here, they could be listening to those who voiced their concerns, but they wouldn't just scrap the crappy episodes, they still have to air them and I think that they have started to listen, but it takes a number of repeated cycles to filter out dirt from the water.

Dissent growing again
By Rat Boy ( ) at 11:56:55 on February 04 2003
But this time it's not like when Beltran flipped out. I wonder why. Perhaps it's because we're starting to agree with the irritation?

I hope he's right
By Beamer ( ) at 10:26:43 on February 04 2003
"I think frankly the show will survive...I'm not sure ratings and numbers matter much in 'Star Trek."

However...different Paramount, different producer...different Star Trek.

Listen to your staff
By Akita1999 ( ) at 07:50:16 on February 04 2003
Berman and Braga need to listen to their actors. Billingsley and Keating (two top-notch actors) are right on the money with their comments. Billingsley and Keating appear to have a better idea of what the fans want than Berman and Braga. Billingsley and Keating obviously respect Trek fans' intelligence and capacity to appreciate and understand something more sophisticated than episodes with guns and T&A.

You know, it is always wise to listen to your staff. They are often in the best position to tell how to improve your business -- in this case, the business of making episodes that the fans want to see.