TrekWeb Home
Home
YOUR ACCOUNT / NEWSLETTERS
Email Password
AIR SCHEDULE
BBS TOPICS
TrekWeb Newsbits: Extra coverage your crave
Submit News Make TrekWeb.com your home page!
Communicator Offers Fans Chance to Ask Questions of STAR TREK Producer Rick Berman

PROMENADE

Place an ad today!

Typhon Station is a very fastpaced PBeM RPG with skilled, experienced players and a warm sense of bonding and community. We play at the turn-of-the-century, 2400, and are located in the Typhon Expanses, bordering the Neutral Zone, proximate to the Romulan Empire, and near the Iconian Digs, and are on the first warning route of the original Borg Incursion.
We have three stations to post from, SB 185, USS Odyssey, and USS Wraith. They all have general and particular storylines and all interact. This game is not for the faint of heart! The writing is superb and comes hot and heavy. We have some open spots and also we will consider character suggestions. So, longtime RPGers and novices, check us out. See if you want to make Typhon Station your home away from home.

(0 comments | Add)

Posted: 19:51:49 on February 06 2003
By: Steve Krutzler
Dept: Enterprise | stenterprise.com
The official STAR TREK fan club and its magazine the Star Trek Communicator have for years provided fans with inside information about all things TREK and a bi-monthly interview update with executive producer Rick Berman. Now the magazine will offer fans the chance to send in their own questions for Berman.

The president and founder of the fan club, Dan Madsen, made the announcement today at the magazine's official web site.

"This is your chance to ask Star Trek's executive producer a question you've always wanted to ask about Star Trek's past, present or future," Madsen said in a bulletin board posting. "We will pick a number of them and they will be included in my next update with Rick. Your name will be printed in the magazine along with your question."

You may submit questions by e-mail at dan.madsen@decipher.com. For more of the original post check out this page.

The Communicator's latest Rick Berman Update will be published soon. You can purchase a subscription to the magazine and help support TrekWeb by visiting this link.

React to this story below and see what others are saying at the STAR TREK BBS.
Join our monthly e-mail newsletter!

Season Two (2002-2003)
Prod #Title Airdate
128 Shockwave, Part II 9/18/02
127 Carbon Creek9/25/02
129 Minefield10/02/02
131 Dead Stop10/09/02
130 A Night In Sickbay10/16/02
132 Marauders10/30/02
133 The Seventh11/06/02
134 The Communicator11/13/02
135 Singularity11/20/02
136 Vanishing Point11/27/02
137 Precious Cargo12/11/02
138 The Catwalk12/18/02
139 Dawn1/08/03
140 Stigma2/05/03
141 Cease Fire2/12/03
142 Crash Landing2/19/03
143 Canamar2/26/03
144 The Crossing3/19/03
145 Judgment3/26/03
146 Horizon4/??/03
147 The Breach5/??/03
Season One (2001-2002)
TREKWEB TALKBACK
(17 comments)
Sort Controls:
Start New Thread | Help
one2three
By Toroth's 1st Officer ( ) at 17:10:11 on February 07 2003
URL: | User Info
umm..
Someone gets really mad every time we pose harsh questions.

You're not "involved" with mr. Berman, are you?

[ Reply to This | Parent Comment ]

My question:
By Defiant ( ) at 14:34:38 on February 07 2003
URL: http:// | User Info
I am a skeptic...
By cooper2000 ( ) at 13:16:59 on February 07 2003
Like the statement he made a few days ago that was posted on Trekweb, Berman will undoutedly sidestep any questions of real worth and if asked if he thinks Trek needs work he will say, I think its fine. We are doing a great job. Nothing will be accomplished because he doesnt know theres a problem or doesnt want to fess up and we will keep getting the same lazily written Trek episodes.
You have to admit the problem before it can be dealt with. rick or Braga or Paramount for that latter have been unwilling to do that.

Let's be real
By Trekforever ( ) at 01:04:57 on February 07 2003
Now, now, let's be realistic...they will undoubtedly pick "safe" questions to ask for a publication- you know, things like:

Question: How did you get to become an executive producer of the most famous Sci-Fi show?

Berman: Work hard, and never give up. My mom taught me that, and you should do this too in following your dreams!

Other most likely notables are "Who is your favorite Star Trek character?", "Will we be seeing more Klingons on Enterprise?", "Can I have your autograph", "Where can I send a check to you", etc.

See, these are the REAL questions that fans are dying to know about the elusive and almighty Mr. Berman!

Question #1
By Snails ( ) at 22:34:44 on February 06 2003
Do you ever feel guilty about what you've done to the Star Trek franchise ?