Home Home
YOUR ACCOUNT / NEWSLETTERS
Email Password
AIR SCHEDULE
BBS TOPICS
TrekWeb Newsbits: Extra coverage your crave
Submit News Make TrekWeb.com your home page!
NEMESIS DVD Hitting U.S. Streets Mid-May, Plus Region 2 Info

PROMENADE

Place an ad today!

Typhon Station is a very fastpaced PBeM RPG with skilled, experienced players and a warm sense of bonding and community. We play at the turn-of-the-century, 2400, and are located in the Typhon Expanses, bordering the Neutral Zone, proximate to the Romulan Empire, and near the Iconian Digs, and are on the first warning route of the original Borg Incursion.
We have three stations to post from, SB 185, USS Odyssey, and USS Wraith. They all have general and particular storylines and all interact. This game is not for the faint of heart! The writing is superb and comes hot and heavy. We have some open spots and also we will consider character suggestions. So, longtime RPGers and novices, check us out. See if you want to make Typhon Station your home away from home.

(0 comments | Add)

Posted: 08:10:31 on February 07 2003
By: Steve Krutzler
Dept: Star Trek: Nemesis
DVD Answers reports that the STAR TREK NEMESIS DVD will hit U.S. shelves on May 13th, only five months since the movie's North American release, although no official confirmation has come down the pipeline as yet.

Although there is no information on the contents of the release, previous interviews with producer Rick Berman have indicated an audio commentary by director Stuart Baird and the inclusion of several deleted scenes in a gallery.

The site also reports that the German Region 2 release of the film on DVD will be July 1st, with rentals also becoming available in mid-summer.

React to this story below and see what others are saying at the STAR TREK BBS.
Join our monthly e-mail newsletter!
TREKWEB TALKBACK
(40 comments)
Sort Controls:
Start New Thread | Help
There will be two version on DVD
By Zelig ( ) at 09:35:52 on February 08 2003
URL: | User Info
Don't get me wrong, this is not official, not even a rumor, but I'm sure that there will be another release of Nemesis next year after all the Spacial Editions of the movies with a new so called "Dorector's cut". Why?, because they've done it before with all the Star Trek Movies. Thair way of thinking is "OK, let's give'm a crappy theatrical release really quick. The fans will buy it. Sure, they will bitch about it but they will buy it. A year from now will do a "Diretor's Cut" edition and we will sell even more". DOn't know how many times have I bought the Star Trek films. (HAve at least 5 different versions of Star Trek 1). NO more. I'll wait till they release it right.

[ Reply to This | Parent Comment ]

10 disc set
By StarFleet_Captain ( web_knight2001@yahoo.com) at 22:17:00 on February 07 2003
URL: http://www.web-knight.net | User Info
As big a trek fan as I am, I think I am going to hold out for the 10 disc Trek set, complete with the special edition DVD's. Id pay a lot of money for that. Seeing to it that I now own all 7 seasons of TNG on DVD and plan on doing the same for DS9, Voyager and eventually, Enterprise, oh, and hopefully TOS(box set style), should be proof of that.

---

I have an appointment with ETERNITY... and I don't want to be late.
-- Malcolm McDowell (Dr. Soran -- Star Trek 7: Generations)

Visit my site at Web-knight.net

Here's a question for Paramount/Berman:
By timmer33 ( ) at 21:21:58 on February 07 2003
Dear Mr. Berman:

It's obvious that Nemesis didn't perform to expectations. Therefore, why not add deleted material into the movie to enhance character moments and give the villain (Shinzon) more motivation? Comments you've recently made imply that you're against doing this. My question to you is WHY? Why not make a few subtle changes and promote them to get more people to buy the DVD? It's worked with other films --- especially on the DVD format. One good example (though not on DVD) was Star Trek VI (on VHS). New scenes and a totally different ending were incorporated into the film. It increased sales. Please do this with Nemesis. PARAMOUNT: If you don't do this, I refuse to buy the DVD. Same goes with Trek V.

Like a mind-numbed robot...
By Beamer ( ) at 20:30:10 on February 07 2003
I will buy the DVD and go home and watch it over, and over, and over.

Why?

Because I'm a Star Trek fan.

I admit it. I'm a little mind-numb with the below-par episodes of ENTERPRISE, and dejected with the less than stellar performance of the latest theatrical release, but yeah, I'll buy the stupid thing, go home, and watch. It may not be my favorite movie of the bunch, but hey, it ain't no ST5! It may not have everything I want in a DVD, but I'll get it. I'll continue to demand better for tomorrow, and I'll also make sure there is a tomorrow. Why?

Because I'm a Star Trek fan.

PUTTING MATERIAL BACK INTO THE FILM ISN'T A DIRECTOR'S CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Gul Telly ( ) at 14:45:50 on February 07 2003
I'm as gung ho as the next guy about seeing the cut footage from the film, but putting it back in isn't a directors film. Nick Meyer said in commentaries on "The Wrath of Khan" DVD (as well as Baird in interviews about "Nemesis") that the theatrical cut of the film was his cut, thus that was the directors cut, missing material as it might have. A directors cut is like when George Lucas builds new scenes or restores old ones to a film HE DIRECTED. But putting new material into a film the director says was already his "final cut" isn't making a directors cut.

Personally, I'd rather have both films. Baird said he was pleased with the final product with "Nemesis", but that there was filmed footage he regretfully cut.

A good example of why both versions should be available is the "Star Wars" trilogy. Lucas said that the original versions of the three films would never see the light of day again. Personally, that's his call with "Star Wars" but Irvin Kirschner (Empire) and Richard Marquand (Jedi) technically have say over what makes their "Director's Cuts" of those two films.

Now don't get me wrong... I want to see Wes talk at the wedding. I want to see Data and Picard have their post-wedding conversation. I want to see Beverly decide to take over at Starfleet Medical and Picard's new first officer, Cmdr. Madden. But they don't necessarily belong cut back into the film. That wasn't Baird's final vision of the film. They should be put in a supplemental materials section, like cut footage from the "Austin Powers" movies or "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" (among others).

That's my opinion, I welcome yours.

Telly

"Please state the nature of your medical emergency."

Premire
By TNG Fan ( ) at 14:00:45 on February 07 2003
Will the Nemesis dvd include the Nemesis opening premire? What about the Showtime special?

What a crock
By cooper2000 ( ) at 12:45:20 on February 07 2003
You mean they are giving us the same thing as they did before by a Director who obviously wasnt really familiar with the Franchise in the first place?

No, No, No Paramount. Give us something worth buying like the film it should have been (Directors cut?) instead a bunch f secnes that should have made it to the movie in the first place.
No leftovers Please.

Don't buyt it...wait
By compupc1 ( compupc1@charter.net) at 10:38:13 on February 07 2003
URL: http://www.geocities.com/compupc1/ | User Info
I'm not buying it until they release it in a 2-disc set and the deleted scenes are edited IN TO THE FILM. Purchasing it now tells Paramount that it's "okay" to release the film on DVD twice, and that it's "okay" to not bother doing an extended version. Instead, write Paramount and tell them why you haven't purchased it, and let them know that when they release a 2-disc extended version, you'll be happy to buy it and reccomend it to others.

---

-James

cool
By Beckett ( email@jonathan-davies.net) at 09:19:14 on February 07 2003
URL: http://www.jonathan-davies.net | User Info
I hope they do an honourable DVD release and try and better the mess of a film I saw at the cinema.

---

---------------------------------------
Nemesis had all the right buttons there waiting to be pressed, but like Data on a Reman keypad Paramount seem to have pushed the wrong ones. :/

Hmm..
By DevlinC ( ) at 08:25:23 on February 07 2003
Well we've known for a while that the deleted scenes wouldn't be edited back into the movie but ... damn, I was really hoping they'd change their minds.

Still, it's nice of them to bother giving us the deleted scenes - Generations had more scenes with Kirk, Chekov and Scotty on some planet that I would have wanted to see but instead we just get the film on a disc.

It's nice to see that they're being rereleased as 2-Disc sets now, but has anyone got any idea if they're going to continue these after Star Trek 5?

• RE: Hmm.. by skillz @ 13:31:43 EDT on 7 Feb
  • RE: Hmm.. by Steve Krutzler @ 08:31:30 EDT on 7 Feb
Bare-Boned release
By Alawi ( ) at 08:22:25 on February 07 2003
A quick release for NEMESIS, although welcome for people who haven't seen it - especially to Norwegians and other countries who have delayed/cancelled the film showing - does not bode well for a long cut or special edition.

This DVD is probably just the 116 minute film released in theatres, maybe with a trailer or two.