Home Home
YOUR ACCOUNT / NEWSLETTERS
Email Password
AIR SCHEDULE
BBS TOPICS
TrekWeb Newsbits: Extra coverage your crave
OPINION POLL
Community Departments Promenade About Us Submit News Make TrekWeb.com your home page!
Blalock Talks 'Trip'/'T'Pol' Relationship, Plus "Carpenter Street" Seeking Star Power
PROMENADE

Posted: 09:08:26 on October 05 2003
By: Steve Krutzler
Dept: Enterprise | stenterprise.com
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE actress Jolene Blalock talks with Zap2it about her character's blossoming relationship with co-star Connor Trinneer's 'Trip'.

"They write it, I do it," she says matter-of-factly. "I don't see it, personally. T'Pol's a Vulcan -- how could she have a relationship? And he's so emotional. My goodness, he's like a nut case. So how are this nut case and this person who has her stuff together going to find common ground? Maybe that's the basis... We'll find out, because I'm not sure how that's going to evolve."

Blalock makes light of her skin-tight costumes, which got a makeover this season.

"The blue one is the least comfortable," she says, "because it's not a stretchy material. It doesn't have a lot of give. Once you're strapped in, you're strapped in." She says her back zipper is usually undone "just so I can use the restroom without having to ask permission."

Much like her on screen alter ego, Blalock says she's fascinated by science, particularly the human body.

"I can't even say I'm a science geek, it just intrigues the hell out of me, everything down to just the human body and how it functions, the intricacies of how amazing a creation we are. And if we are such an amazing creation, the beauty is in everything," she says. "Here we are, from the beginning we think we're the center of the universe, and we're just discovering the 13th planet now. We're so wrong. What we know is we know nothing."

For the full interview with Jolene, check out this page.

In other news, FilmJerk reports that the recently revealed eleventh episode of the season, "Carpenter Street" (story), is seeking star power. In addition to the police offices, prostitutes, pan handlers, and a wheelchair-bound character named 'Strode', FilmJerk says the Enterprise crew will come in contact with an as-yet unnamed villain character in present day Detroit.

Although early plot information tells of a man named 'Loomis' who is working for the Xindi, FilmJerk suggests that an additional adversary may be in the offing: "The series is seeking a star name for 'a villain,' a role described as being between the wide-set ages of 25 and 40" and described as "slimy, contemporary, and urban petty criminal," according to the site.

For more on this new "Carpenter Street" character visit this page.
React to this story below and see what others are saying at the STAR TREK BBS.
Join our monthly e-mail newsletter!

Season Three (2003-2004)
Prod #Title Airdate
153 The Xindi 09/10/03
154 Anomaly 09/17/03
155 Extinction 09/24/03
156 Rajiin 10/01/03
157 Impulse 10/08/03
158 Exile 10/15/03
159 The Shipment 10/22/03
160 Twilight 11/05/03
161 North Star 11/12/03
162 Similitude 11/19/03
163 Carpenter Street 11/26/03
Season Two (2002-2003)
Season One (2001-2002)
TREKWEB TALKBACK
(33 comments)
Sort Controls:
Start New Thread | Help
Who would make a good villian...
By Faxanadu ( ) at 01:54:28 on October 07 2003
URL: | User Info
Robert Leeshock who played Liam Kincaid on E:FC

[ Reply | Quote | Parent ]

13th planet?
By sky ( ) at 11:30:00 on October 06 2003
What the heck does she mean by 13th planet? Many iceballs have been found beyond Pluto, but none have been deemed planets that I've heard. And the extrasolar planet count is up around 100 I thought. So what's she smokin'?

Well at least she's no Robert Beltran
By Greenspan ( ) at 21:38:03 on October 05 2003
I don't think Blalock is bashing the show. She just sounds very indifferent about the whole thing. I guess it really is just a job to her and nothing more, not that I blame her. But unlike Robert Beltran, it doesn't show in her performance.

Carpenter Street
By Maestro ( ) at 20:27:50 on October 05 2003
Quote:
Although early plot information tells of a man named 'Loomis' who is working for the Xindi, FilmJerk suggests that an additional adversary may be in the offing: "The series is seeking a star name for 'a villain,' a role described as being between the wide-set ages of 25 and 40" and described as "slimy, contemporary, and urban petty criminal," according to the site.

Sounds like this is the first appearance of the TCW faction behind the Xindi.

Star power?
By Rat Boy ( ) at 14:59:47 on October 05 2003
A thug? Age 25 to 40? From Detroit? How about Eminem?

Conflict on the set?
By Reklaw ( ) at 12:30:17 on October 05 2003

This is the second time I have heard one of the actors speaking out against the ENT scripts. I don't think this is normal - usually they maintain the party line - you know, wefre all such good friends on the set, blah blah blah.

Anyway, if she's pissed off with the direction her character is taking, she's showing a lot of professionalism in her acting, because it doesn't seem to be effecting her portrayal of T'Pol at all.

BLAH!
By Deslok ( hammond_ecks@hotmail.com) at 10:11:40 on October 05 2003
URL: www.theastrobar.com | User Info
It would be nice if Jolene would just tear up her contract and leave the show. Then she could devote her time to studying biology and taking acting lessons.

A Vulcan science officer on the NX-01 is a major bone of contention for me as far as this so-called prequel is concerned. Too bad they couldn't have respected the canon of TREK, a canon that they should have some familiarity with since they have ALL of the source material in their own archives and on STARTREK.COM.

At Least Jolene
By Jean-Luc ( cooljeanluc@go.com) at 09:31:33 on October 05 2003
knows what Vulcans are supposed to act like.